Based on seven folk melodies, these were originally written by Bartók for the piano, but later adapted for small orchestra by the composer.
The pieces consists of six movements, and are all based on melodies Bartók himself heard in Romania, Hungary and the region of Transylvania.
The movements are as follows:
- Bot tánc / Jocul cu bâtă (Stick Dance)
- Brâul (Sash Dance)
- Topogó / Pe loc (In One Spot)
- Bucsumí tánc / Buciumeana (Dance from Bucsum)
- Román polka / Poarga Românească (Romanian Polka)
- Aprózó / Mărunțel (Fast Dance)
The E-Edition PDF bundle comes with the following:
“Romanian Dances” is also available in hard-copy from June Emerson Wind Music.
There are no reviews yet.