7th British Saxophone Congress
It says it in our listings so it must be true: this most definitely is the event of the month – no, the year!
Held in Cardiff on October 26th and 27th, it’s organized by the Clarinet and Saxophone Society of Great Britain (CASS) and hosted by the Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama.
There's a packed programme of concerts, workshops and lectures, so make sure you...
LOOK OUT FOR the Saxtet Publications stand, offering a comprehensive range of our titles and recordings (or at least as many as we can carry!).
LISTEN TO all you can, of course, but pin back your ears extra hard for:
- Trinity Saxes playing Nigel Wood’s soon-to-be-published arrangement of Bach’s Double Violin Concerto, plus the Royal Northern College of Music Saxophone Orchestra with his Where Spirits and Demons Dance, and the Northern Saxophone Quartet with his Rotunda.
- Karen Street with the Wells Cathedral School Sax Ensemble premiering her Old Sarum.
- The Kintamarni Saxophone Quartet presenting Andrew Scott’s Now & Then – soon to be published by Saxtet Publications.
- Andrew Scott with his own electro-acoustic work My Mountain Top, also soon to be published. Words & Narration by Lemn Sissay.
- Tribune Saxophone Octet keeping audiences spellbound with Ulrich Schultheiss’ Witch Hunt.
- Saxtet featuring titles from their new album Urban Groove.
Back to top